Let Us Reduce Your Knee Pain Naturally
Dr. Jones is our chiropractor at Jones Chiropractic & Acupuncture. He treats patients from Evansville, IN, and surrounding communities who prefer drug-free relief chiropractic adjustments and natural therapies. Some patients come in limping or using a walking cane for support but are amazed at the results after a knee adjustment, spinal adjustment, or sports injury treatment. We usually integrate various treatments to improve the symptoms and protect the knee from recurring pain.
Knee Pain Common Causes and Risk Factors
Anyone is at risk of pain from a knee injury or medical condition in spite of how strong the knee joint, muscles, tendons, ligament, and cartilage are. However, athletes, seniors, and active individuals are more likely to develop pain. Those who overuse the knee from frequently running, jumping, kneeling, or heavy lifting are prone to develop knee pain. These individuals often develop an overuse injury called iliotibial band syndrome that results in pain around the knee cap. Other causes or risk factors include:
- Knee tendinitis
- Knee fracture or dislocation
- Shoulder, hip, or feet imbalances
- Knee injury, such as a sprain, strain, or cartilage tear
- Joint inflammation, such as knee bursitis or arthritis
- Excess pressure on the knee joint from pregnancy or being overweight
Common symptoms include a dull, sharp searing, throbbing, excruciating, or debilitating pain. The patient may experience swelling, tenderness, stiffness, difficulty bending, or trouble bearing weight on the knee. In some cases, the knee may make a grinding or popping sound, buckle, or give out.
Non-Surgical Knee Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Evansville, IN
Before treating you, we will examine the knee for visible injury, deformity, fracture, or dislocation. We will also examine the feet, hip, back, and spine to determine if a non-obvious injury or medical condition is responsible for the pain.
- Chiropractic/Spinal Adjustments – Based on your results, Dr. Jones may need to adjust the knee to relieve pain, swelling, and inflammation and restore mobility. Adjusting or realigning the spinal joints helps restore balance, improve posture, and therefore, take excess pressure off the knee. Spinal adjustment benefits are extensive as it also helps the nervous system function better and prevents back pain.
- Integrative/Holistic Treatments – We may recommend therapeutic stretches and exercises to repair, rebuild, and strengthen the knee joint and tissue. Dr. Jones may even advise you to change your diet, manage your weight, or adjust lifestyle habits to maintain the treatment results. These changes also help promote overall wellness and prevent future injury or pain.
An Active Lifestyle Requires a Strong Healthy Knee
Chiropractic care at Jones Chiropractic & Acupuncture can help alleviate many of the symptoms linked to knee problems and put you back on your feet. Begin your recovery by calling 812-402-8202 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor in Evansville, IN.