Jones Chiropractic & Acupuncture in Evansville is proud to be a certified DOT drug testing clinic. If your job is in a department under the umbrella of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) you may be subject to drug testing if you hold a safety-sensitive position. These employees hold jobs that can impact the safety of themselves or the public.
Who Needs DOT Drug Testing?
Some of the employees that will be required to take these tests include:
- Federal Aviation Administration flight crews and aircraft dispatchers
- Federal Railroad Administration train workers
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration operations and maintenance workers
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration employees, including Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) holders who operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs)
- U.S. Coast Guard crew members
- Federal Transit Administration vehicle operators
Those employees who qualify for DOT drug testing may be required to be tested in various situations, including:
- Reasonable suspicion/cause
- Random testing
- Return-to-duty testing after you have violated a screening or rule
- Post-accident testing
What Is Detected in a DOT Drug Test?
DOT drug tests screen for a panel of drugs, including:
- Marijuana metabolites/THC
- Cocaine metabolites
- Amphetamines (including methamphetamine, MDMA)
- Opioids (including codeine, heroin, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, and oxymorphone)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
What to Expect
DOT drug tests are a quick and easy process, handled in a professional manner. All of our team members must follow specific regulations set forth by the DOT. All DOT drug tests are handled via urinalysis, one of the most common test types used by federally mandated drug testing programs.
Once you arrive at our clinic for your test, you will be required to provide identification. From there you will be taken to a secure collection site to provide a urine sample. All of your belongings will be locked away during the test. The collection will only be observed if it is required, for example, during a return-to-duty test. If it is not required to be observed you will be given privacy.
After the test is complete, you will be required to watch the collector split the sample between two samples and seal them. You will then sign off on this process. The results of your test will be provided to your employer. Positive tests are reviewed by the Medical Review office.
Schedule Your DOT Drug Testing in Evansville, IN
To schedule DOT drug testing at Jones Chiropractic & Acupuncture call us today at 812-402-8202.